Difficult situation almost concluded successfully

Started by radical, March 25, 2018, 06:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radical

i don't know if anyone remembers, but I was dealing with a nightmare situation last year.
It was an ethical problem and personal crisis rolled into one.  I got caught in the middle of something that I didn't know how to deal with and didn't feel I could manage.

I still can't say what it was without potentially identifying myself and causing myself and many others, problems.  But over many meetings, mini-crises, newspaper articles, legal briefings, intimidation and harrassment, angst and pain, the situation is almost over and has turned out better than I could have imagined - for everyone concerned.  Best of all, despite huge triggers, I coped, and acquitted myelf well, imo.  Luckily, as with everything in life, perfection was not required, but it was hard to perservere.

I had an issue which, because of the circumstances, became a part of opening a big can of worms.  I had fantastic support, most of all from my outstanding T, but it has been tough.

I thought I would wait until the ' final act' this coming week, afraid I might jinx things by writing that it is finally over, but I feel it really is and this week will just be the icing on the cake.

It was hard to not be able to share my tribulations here, but it meant a lot to me that OOTS was here and you were all your wonderful, supportive selves.  This community was still a sanctuary and support for me throughout.
Thank you all for being here!

Contessa

Yes I do remember, and what positive news! I'm glad that this weight has been lifted and with a good outcome.

Well done! Time to finally breathe again yeah?
:hug:

Rainagain

This is brilliant news, well done you.
Achievement, success, overcoming difficulty, these are all parts of recovery and you have them in the bag.

Dee

I remember and I am glad it is almost over.  You did a wonderful job coping.  I know at times it felt like the end of the world, but you hung in there.  I am also glad that you had an excellent T to help you.

:hug:

radical

Many thanks Contessa, Rainagain and Dee,
The final stage went great.  I still can't believe it is really resolved, it feels surreal.  I feel like I have a big vacancy for a big worry left in my mind, but the truth is that space is for getting on with my life and feeling positive.
One thing CPTSD does give us is resourcefulness.  It usually doesn't feel like we have it, but all of us here have overcome a lot.  More than we may realise.