Hello

Started by kdke, April 17, 2018, 08:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdke

Hi there. I'm Cadie from the lovely PNW. It's just starting to really feel like spring--I can feel it all up in my sinuses, haha.

Anyway, I'm brand new to this forum but have been off and on visiting the symptoms of C-PTSD. The disorder has been suggested to me by three different therapists in my past and the third recently diagnosed me with it. After explaining four traumatic, prolonged events that happened at different points in my life, I guess it was pretty obvious what I was dealing with every day. And the more I read about the symptoms of C-PTSD sufferers, the more I'm able to put the puzzle pieces together myself.

There's been a lot of denial in my past in regards to my trauma--lots of excuses for my abusers, refusing to think what they did had affected me so viscerally and for so long. It's been rough and I am now just able to really understand where many of my behavioral problems stem from; anxiety, irritability, anger, paranoia, nightmares, emotional flashbacks, dissociation, major depression, suicidal ideations, isolation... the list goes on, as you all might very well understand.

However, I'm in a much better place than I was a few years back in spite of just discovering my diagnosis. I have a few good coping mechanisms in my belt to deal with my harder emotions and triggers, but there is still a while for me to go. I understand that my C-PTSD may never truly go away but I am willing to learn how to cope and gain control over my symptoms so they don't control my life anymore. I'm very happy to be here.

I'm not grateful for our suffering, but I am very grateful for this forum. Thank you.  :heythere:

California Dreaming

Welcome Cadie :) Your list of symptoms is a good indication that you have awareness, and I/we do understand. "Four traumatic, prolonged events that happened at different points in my life," takes a great deal of courage to admit rather than deny. I'm really glad that you have joined the OOTS community.

Blueberry

:heythere: Welcome to the forum Cadie!

Three Roses

Welcome! Glad you're here :hug:

Kizzie

Hi and a very warm welcome to OOTS Cadie   :heythere: