Dear Sceal - Dear Someone

Started by Sceal, April 26, 2018, 08:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sceal

Dear Sceal - Dear Someone.

I was warned that trauma therapy would be hard. I was asked if I were truly ready, and I replied I can't possible know that before i'm in the middle of it.  Right now, I fear I've only just begun. I need you to be strong, but most of all I need you to be brave.

Brenè Brown says that bravery and the step towards wholehearted living is by daring greatly to be vulnerable. And that is what I need to do. I need to dare greatly to feel the emotions that pulses through me, to listen to the thoughts and the voices that whispers in my mind. I need to examine and dare to ask questions and be curious.  I need to dare to let go of my judgements and pre-conceptions that have helped me to survive. I need to dare to say "thank you" to my past me, for surviving the best way I could.
I need to dare to forgive myself and put the blame where it belongs instead of carrying it all on my own - because that's easier, safer.

Dear Sceal - Dear someone.

This is a reminder,  that things are yet to become harder - more painful as I dig through the trenches. But, I need to work through it and not get lost in the swamp-land of shame, guilt and self-hatred. I need to walk through and out the other end.