Help me find out where to post.

Started by andreeya, April 28, 2018, 10:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andreeya

Hi,  I would like to start a journal but I dont know if Im in the right place. I clicked on the journal section but there was no place to start a new topic.

woodsgnome

Assuming your page sets up like mine, these are the steps I'd take to start a new journal.

1. Go to Development of CPTSD in Childhood section.

2. Within the Treatment/Self-help/Recovery sub-board find and click on Recovery Journals

3. When the Recovery Journals page comes up, the first entry listed will be 'Guidelines for Recovery Journals', but on top of that it says "Subject/started by"...now, look just above that and to the right...there's 3 icons, and the furthest left looks like a page with its top-right corner folded over. Click on that icon and this should be followed by a...

3....'start new topic' page. Enter the title of your journal on the subject line then go to the text box below where you can type your journal entry, then enter it like you do for other posts.

Hope this helps. When you want to add to the journal, you find the last entry and click on the reply under the last entry, and type the new entry there. Then you won't need to start a new journal each time (although some members start a second one later on.

Journals being more reflective than the other messages, sometimes they elicit comments but sometimes not, as the 'tone' is basically a self-discussion. This is discussed in the guidelines for recovery journals at the start of the section.

Kizzie