Finally a step forward

Started by Cookido, May 03, 2018, 09:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookido

I allowed myself to grieve today. I felt sorry for my young self, I cried for her, for her lonelyness and helplessness. I cried for how I was treated and how I've been ignored by family, friends and any authority or adult who could have reached out.

After that I comforted myself. I went back, as an adult, and were there for my younger self. I deserved a voice as a child and therefore I kept my younger self company, for all thouse times I were alone.

That's what I wished someone would have done back then. I would have done so, because I know now that the younger me didn't deserve to be so unhappy.

Being allowed to grieve but also being able to comfort, felt like a step forward. Afterwards I kinda felt like the feeling when your cold is starting to go away, and you can finally breathe through your nose again and feel the energy coming back in your body. That's how it felt. I will allow myself to feel more, even if it makes me cry.

sanmagic7

good for you, sweetie.  i'm so very glad that you were able to do that, and also that you feel like it was a step forward.  it sounds like that to me, too.  i've been doing some of that lately, and it really feels like a load is coming off.

i know how painful it can be to shed those tears.  if there are more, i hope you can get them out.  i think they're cleansing.  love and hugs, cookido.

Sceal

So glad to hear that, Cookido!
Grieving is a powerful thing, I think. It hurts, it's painful and heartbreaking.. But it can also lead to a release afterwards, to some healing.
It sounds like it did help you heal a little bit, acknowledging the pain you've been through and given yourself comfort. It's important! Self-compassion is very vital to recovery.   :cheer:

Deep Blue

That's great cookido,
Sometimes that is just what we need.  I'm so glad it helped

MarkD67

Hi Cookido, that sounds wonderful. Well done. It was a huge step forward for me in my recovery work. That's such a powerful skill once we have it. Again, well done.  :applause:

Kizzie

:cheer: and  :applause:  and    :hug:   Cookido, so glad to hear this  :yes:

Eyessoblue

Hi I've just learnt to do this too and it's a huge step forward, the inner child appeared and through emdr and psychotherapy I allowed myself to be that child again, I started grieving a few weeks ago and am on and off with it now, allowing yourself to feel is a big step forward and has taken me nearly 50 years to do so but I too am there and it's really something to feel achievement for, I don't know about you, but now if I want to cry I will allow myself to do so, setting boundaries has been big too and I'm learning to say no and stand up for me and what I want, this too is a big step forward for me.....I hope you can feel the release and positivity that it should create for you.