Vagal Tone

Started by Phoebes, October 09, 2017, 04:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoebes

Does anyone know about this or had experience with low or high vagal tone? I just learned a little about this today and was reading a little about it, and I basically have all of the symptoms of low vagal tone. I had an accident today and while I was bruised up, the medics kept me a fairly long time because my blood pressure dropped so low, and they mentioned a low vagal tone related to trauma. Anyway..just found it interesting, and I am going to start doing some of t he things suggested to improve in this area.

Three Roses

I've not heard of that before, thanks for posting Phoebes. Something to think about.

Gwyon

Phoebes,

A big YES to this.  I've had many episodes of heart palpitations, dizzyness and near fainting which I finally decided were part of a dysfunctional vagal response.  And I also believe they are tied to the "somatization" symptoms in c-ptsd.  In fact, there are studies linking autonomic dysfunction to attachment dysfunctions in early childhood.  It's validating to hear of somebody else coming to that same awareness.

Phoebes

Interesting, Gwyon. I have heart palpitations sometimes, too. Sometimes I wake up to a racing heart. I didn't even think this would be related.