Interesting book about depersonalization

Started by ah, May 05, 2018, 05:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ah

Thought this might be an interesting read about depersonalization:

"Going to Pieces Without Falling Apart: A Buddhist Perspective on Wholeness"
By Mark Epstein (a psychiatrist and therapist).

It was for me, gave me a lot to think about. As I was reading it I noticed my usual high level of stress about being a freak (for feeling unreal) was smaller and smaller and I was actually able to think about what the writer was suggesting with less of a screaming ICr and no self blame or shame. Any book that manages to do that deserves high praise, methinks.

DecimalRocket

Hi there, ah. Im another personality of DR that calls myself Pride. I don't know why. Im not very prideful, but it seems to fit.

I don't really remember much of you much other than that the post you wrote in dissociation, but I still feel like I've known you for a long time and like you. So ok. Im here. Looking at the reviews, I think it's a pretty amazing book. ive gotten a lot of help from meditation and western psychology, so it must be helpful.

I dont know much about how ive gone through it with the last 4 years. ive forgotten nearly everything through those years, but for some reason when I came to, I'm not as shy. Not sure why im telling you this, but im glad you found some peace in this book.

they Have a hug emoji here, but ew, that's gross. So I wish you the best.

Kizzie