Hello from LittleBoat

Started by LittleBoat, May 08, 2018, 12:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleBoat

Dear all,
My name is LittleBoat, and I am brand new to this website and forum, although I've struggled with C-PTSD my whole life, way before I (or anyone in the therapeutic community) seemed to know what it was.  Not ready to go into too many details, and I have yet to learn all the acronyms and protocols, so please bear with me.  My problems began with emotional and physical abuse as a chid.  Both parents problematic.  Mother especially.  My Inner Critic is particularly severe.  And, according to my work with psychiatrist, the C-PTSD is bound up with Bi-Polar swings, which get particularly bad in the spring.  And here comes Mother's Day.  I am NC (No Contact?) with my elderly mother.  Father has died.  I would say I am in a period of Flooding.  Can't think straight, and I sleep a lot.  I question and ruminate over every little thing I say or do.  And here comes Mothers Day.  No card, this year.  No more cards, at all.  Very happy to be here.--LittleBoat

Hope67

Hi LittleBoat,
Welcome to the forum.  I hope you'll find it a supportive place. 
Hope  :)

California Dreaming

Welcome Little Boat :) Flooding can be extremely difficult, and the inner critic becomes extra toxic. I have not been in contact with my mother for over 5 years now. She is no longer able to inject her poison into me. I'm glad that you reached out to the OOTS community.

Deep Blue

Welcome little boat,
I like your name.  People often end up joining this forum when they are having difficulty.  Rest assured many of us feel your pain and hopefully we can help you through it.
Deep Blue

Seeking Solace

Welcome little boat - I like your name too. Makes me think of a tug boat in a harbor, helping everyone around them getting to where they need to be, cheerily and willingly. Persistent. Not afraid to tackle the big things. It's a very positive name.

I can see why you are a poet. :)

woodsgnome

Hi, Little Boat  :wave:. I seem to have been intrigued by your name as well. The image I come up with is that you've been at sea for a while; but your travels involved  lengthy sojourns in an area known for recurring and violent storms.

And now, you've found a harbour--OOTS, and dropped anchor. While just coming here is a relief, you've found others who've done likewise, and for the first time in a long while feel like it's safe to breathe easily once more. It's not always peaceful here, either; but having found that anchor is a good omen.

Boatsetsailrose

Hello little boat
So good to have you here
Kind blessings from another boat :)

Sceal

Hello!
Just wanted to welcome you to the forum :)

LittleBoat

Thanks to all who have welcomed me.  I really like your interpretations of Little Boat.  You are right on all counts, folks, and thank you for taking the time to consider what being a little boat can feel like.