I don't wanna go back...

Started by LittleBirdy, May 16, 2018, 06:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleBirdy

The semester is ending and I have to go back home for the summer. I dont want to go in the slightest. My dad is abusive and my mom is neurotic. It is such a toxic environment but I have no where else to go...I can't afford to stay at college for the summer it would be stupidly expensive as would anywhere else. I feel like a child who has no control over where I go. My bf keeps saying I need to stop being so negative but I dont know how not to be when I know that in 24 hours I'll be stuck living there for three months. I feel like it's even worst now because after being away from my parents house for a few months I have begun to see just how toxic the environment is. And now I'm forced to go back. I'm gonna try and stay as busy as possible but still.

Deep Blue

Littlebirdy,
I'm so sorry.  Maybe you can live with a friend over the summer? Maybe you can get a job so you don't have to stay home much?  Is there any way you could get a job on campus? Just some suggestions.

LittleBirdy

Quote from: Deep Blue on May 16, 2018, 06:27:47 PM
Littlebirdy,
I'm so sorry.  Maybe you can live with a friend over the summer? Maybe you can get a job so you don't have to stay home much?  Is there any way you could get a job on campus? Just some suggestions.
I am in the works of getting two jobs. See, because of my situation at home I had a habit of putting all of my effort into maintaining toxic relationships without even realizing it. I am trying to strengthen the friendships that are healthy but basically what I am saying is I wouldn't feel comfortable even asking them. The deadlines to apply for jobs on campus are gone because I wanted to return to the job I love doing as it will be my last opportunity to be there . I have places to go for a night or two but nowhere that I could stay all summer.   :stars: :fallingbricks: