The Healing Porch - Part 3

Started by Kizzie, May 20, 2018, 06:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

This is a continuation of the very popular "Healing Porch" topic  started by Wife #2. 

See also Part 1 and Part 2

Estella

Lighting a scented candle this evening and hoping for peace for my friends here on OOTS

Sceal

I need a place to hide, so I think I'll hide in the forest.

Elphanigh

Thank you for the candle Estella, I can still smell it.  :hug:

Sceal, I hope you found a peaceful spot. Let me know if you need anything today

sanmagic7

just chillin' here for the rest of the day.  gonna hang out in 3roses' treehouse, sit under the trees, smell the wood, watch everyone on the porch with a smile in my heart, listen to the birds and the wind in the leaves.  aaaah . . .

Sceal

Thank you Elpha, would you perhaps like to play a board game and drink some tea or hot cocoa with me? :) Others are welcome to join in too if they want!
I could need one of those blankets that are light, but comforting and takes away the physical pain from tendons, joints and muscles.

Elphanigh

Sceal, I would love to play a board game with you  :) I think tea sounds wonderful this morning as well

woodsgnome

So I've returned here today, trudging past the graveyard of lost illusions to this place of pure peace.

Part of me wants to grasp and clutch at this feeling. To take it with so I never forget. All the other memories can wander off, but I want to hold just this one.

That won't happen, easily; but maybe this time I can create a ritual observance to remember...so I can leave with a different focus, some new outlook, but mainly a means to perpetuate the peace.

Leaving my collective memories built on pain, grief, and despair doesn't seem right to those still here, though; it only despoils the place.

So I wander over to the oceanside fire ring, and after lighting the kindling, grab a stack of tear-stained memories scratched onto pieces of paper in my bulging 'memory sack'. I cast them all into the now blazing fire, watching as the old memories are consumed, transformed, and dispersed as the smoke carries them away.

Finally I tamp the embers and leave. I know 1)I'll be back here and 2)it feels good to have lessened the load. I move on, with this fresh memory pointing my way to a new peace. A new candle burns in my heart--a peace that replaces the old memories. As the ashes have long been blown out to sea, may my old memories dissipate there too.

Thanks to all who built this porch.  :grouphug:

radical

Thank you for sharing the light, WG.
Peace is beautiful and so are you.

Deep Blue

My body aches tonight.  I am going to lay on some heated cushions in a reclining chair to relax my sore muscles.  Looking out on a nice sunset from the porch and sipping some peppermint tea.

Sceal

I continue to have a restlessness feeling in my body, so I think I need to be here to somehow heal from this. Get more connected.

Roe Lee

Introduced to the Healing Porch by sanmagic7

Hello everyone,

Just had an EF at work and now i need to step back from all these numbers on the screen and enter a relaxing space.
I know, I know, i should be focussed right now, it's the height of the afternoon where i am. But i really need to get away even if it's virtually.
I'm also being hypervigilant around certain people and i want to walk away from that stress for just a second.

Just imagine me knocking on the door to the house, dripping wet and cold and shivering because there's been a thunderstorm in my mind.
Someone pass me a warm towel and a hug :(

Estella

A warm towel and a  :hug: for you RL.

I'm serving hot cocoa today - who wants marshmallows?

Roe Lee

Estella can i have marshmallows and squirty cream on mine please :(

I'll help serve it to the rest of the house :) may later we can make brownies :D

Estella