The Healing Porch - Part 3

Started by Kizzie, May 20, 2018, 06:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sceal

I've had an emotionally difficult day today.

I need a cup of chili spiced tea, super soft clothes and if someone would like to join me in a quiet corner of the garden to just watch the lake, or play a boardgame, that would be nice.

Roe Lee

Sceal shall we skip rocks on the lake too? I want to do some bird watching out there as well :) 

What boardgame shall we play when we get back to the house? :D

Sceal

Skipping rocks and bird watching/listening might just be the thing I need right now, Roe! Thank you :)
How about Settlers of Catan? It's simple enough, or Backgammon? Munchkins? I'm not picky :)

Roe Lee

Always happy to spend time with you, Sceal.

Ooh i've never tried Catan before, but i'm told it's great! we can play that for a bit and then maybe Munchkins later if we have time? What's your favourite expansion of Munchkin? I've only played the plain one, but will hope to play an expansion some day. Maybe others will join us later? :)

Estella

I'd like to join! I'd bring Pandemic.

Sceal

You too Roe.
I have played so many extensions, I can't remember which was the best. But I recall Conan being the most boring one. I've  never played Pandemic, Estella. Would be nice to try something new too.

Roe Lee

I do love board games :D but I've never really had people to play them with. Virtually playing board games with you two legit warms my heart. All my love :)

sanmagic7

i'm here for the rest of the day.  all the stress has caught up with me the past few days - grieving my fling (he really did give me a lot of pos. that i didn't expect, especially my feeling of happy), having to change how i interact with him now on a daily basis, all the moving stuff, plus this emdr advocacy - whew!

i loved knowing that some of you might be playing board games (altho i've never heard of any - except backgammon - that were mentioned).  i just want to sit in my rocker, put my feet up, pillow behind my head, listen to the waves and watch you all.  lovely.  just need some brain/mind rest.

Estella

Welcome san. I'm so sorry to hear that stress has caught up with you lately. We can teach you the rules of some new games, if you like. We have cocoa too  :)

Sceal

I'm going to go wander into the forest today. I need the soft forest ground under my feet, the smell of the trees, and the birds to take me to places far away from me.

stepintothesun

I've had an emotionally draining week and lots of social interaction.
I think I'll sit with my legs across a padded swing, with a light blanket. I brought my Service Dog IT (he's a Dalmatian puppy), and he's curled up on my lap. I love looking at the beach and listening to the waves. I don't think I'm ready for lots of interaction yet, but maybe a few hugs and some quiet company would be nice :)
I love the idea of board games, does anyone want to play Apples to Apples or something similar once I'm feeling a bit better?

sanmagic7

:hug: :hug: to you ry.

just want to sit and rock, smell the ocean air and the trees, listen to the birds.  i'm so frickin' tired.

i'd love to learn some of those games, anonblonde.  very cool, but maybe tomorrow.  cocoa sounds great tho - thanks.  gonna make me some right now.  yum.   

sanmagic7

back again.  the world is too much for me on top of moving and all that's gone on here where i live.  just want some respite, time away, with people who know, who care, and who love in spite of everything.  hot chocolate in my mug, rocker, ocean sounds, and all you beautiful people.  i need this, i need you. 

Deep Blue

Hey San,
I'll hang with you if you want.  You want some extra marshmallows?  :hug: 

Roe Lee

i come bearing lemon vanilla cupcakes

i can make a new batch of any flavour you want if you don't like lemon :P