The Healing Porch - Part 3

Started by Kizzie, May 20, 2018, 06:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

extra marshmallows would be great, and i love lemon-flavored everything!  just what i need.  it seems i'm seeking respite here more and more lately.  the pressure is getting to me.  gonna play some games if anyone's up for it.  the distraction and light interaction would be wonderful.

Sceal

I'll happliy play some games, after I come back from hiking in the forest.

Laura90

Hi, I'm gently tiptoeing around the outside to get to the porch, I don't want to startle anyone. I'm feeling drained and sleepy but can't sleep.
I've spotted an empty rocker so I'll sit down and look out onto the horizon. The warm air is relaxing. I gently close my eyes and feel safe, at ease and present. The gentle breeze is refreshing.

Elphanigh

Feeling super anxious today. I will stay here this afternoon. Sitting on the waterfront, enjoying a small fire. I have a blanket that is grey, white, mint green, with a sort of aztec pattern. Much like a blanket I use for yoga irl. Once I feel more like I can move I will likely be doing some grounding yin yoga.

Elphanigh

Going to be in and out here today. Last night was roug, and little elpha could use a safe space. She will be here all day. For now she has a cup of hot cocoa, and a good book. I have her sitting in a chair in the porch just curled up reading. It is one of her favorite past times.

She loves hugs when she is asked about them first, and also adores playing games once she has settled in some. But she is also perfectly content just feeling the calming presence around her.

I didn't care for her very well Sunday or Monday so she deserves to rest in a place that is so full of nurturing, compassionate energy. I will peak in on her as much as I can. Adult needs it too but has to focus on work today

Elphanigh

Little Elpha and I are going to be on the porch tonight, we will be drinking cocoa and playing with our dog Jack. He is small now, kind of like when he was a younger puppy. Sweet and full of energy but also the best cuddle buddy, he is half germanshepard and something else. So it makes him a medium sized dog that looks like a fox, fluffy tail and all. He is always a sweetheart and loves people. I want to just sit with him tonight but others are welcome

Sceal

I hiked across 4 mountains yesterday, my body is wrecked. So I think I'll go swim in the magical lake that'll restore my body to me.

Elphanigh

That is quite the hike Sceal. The swim sounds amazing

Elphanigh

Coming here to rest and heal today. I may have a mild concussion irl, and ended up going home from work. Hopefully that means this will heal. So on the porch I can hear small soft sounds and not be pained by bright lights. I will likely just be enjoying the warmth of the sand while not truly having to focus or stress.

sanmagic7

up in the middle of the night from a nightmare, so am contemplating a messed up day.  i want to sit here for today, in my rocker and my newly obtained library book, just read and rock, maybe snooze a bit.  anyone who's here, i'll sit with them in peace and calm.  in fact, that's the blanket i'll snuggle into to take this fear away. 

i'm also bringing some raspberry muffins, if anyone cares to join me.    aaaaaah . . .

Debora

Hi San,

Thanks for the directions. This is my first visit here. I am feeling frightened and angry. So if this is a magic place, I need a safe place to feel angry where I won't be told off for my emotions or judged.
I imagine a boxing bag on a stand that I can punch as I need to and then probably a safe person to hold me when I need to cry and to validate my feelings and just be compassionate and kind. The kind voice and safety I don't have for myself.

sanmagic7

that punching bag is there for you whenever you need it, and i'll gladly hold you while you cry, validate your feelings, and wrap you in a blanket of peace when you feel ready, debora.  no judgments here, ever, but kindness is in large supply.   so glad you made it here.

Debora

Thanks San. I need to hear that its ok to feel angry. That I am ok to feel angry.

Elphanigh

I will also be here with both of you today. Those raspberry muffins sound amazing. I too need a blanket full of calm but also one that takes physical pain away. The porch is a magical place so I imagine that exists. Having to combat the emotional and physical concerns is a lot today. Hoping letting part of me rest her will help.

Might lean my head on someones shoulder and just rest if anyone is okay with that?

sanmagic7

absolutely ok with that, el.  got big shoulders.

deb, it's definitely ok to be angry, as angry as you are for as long as you feel it.  even if it comes and goes, that's ok, too.

i'm loving being here today with everyone else who's here.  just right.