The Healing Porch - Part 3

Started by Kizzie, May 20, 2018, 06:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elphanigh

Thank you dear  :hug: I need that right about now. I love this place so much

mourningme

This porch is straight out of my heart's dreams. I want to stay on this porch for an undetermined amount of time and never leave.

sanmagic7

hey, mourning, you're welcome to stay as long as you like.  i'm spending another day here tomorrow.  today was rough, but this place makes it a little bit less so.  i'm so very tired, just need to rest.

Laura90

Pop my head around the corner of the porch that navigates round.
:wave:

So lovely to see you all and I can feel the safeness with you all.

I've put my suncream on. I'm pale and blonde and burn like a lobster!

May I take a seat on the steps down from the porch and read with the early sun on me? I have brought fresh lime and lemon if anyone wants some in their water or lemonade.

sanmagic7

ooooh, lemonade sounds perfect for me for today.  i need another day here.  glad you're joining us, laura.  there are more muffins to go around, so help yourself if you care to.

Elphanigh

Lemonade sounds lovely today. I am also bringing iced coffee that won't make you jittery if anyone like the taste there is plenty to go around. San your muffins are delicious so glad there is more  ;D Spending today here as well, I will sit on the porch for a quick breakfast then migrate down for some gentle yoga where I can hear the water. Anyone is welcome to join, I am not doing anything strenuous or not beginner friendly. Just a fancy meditation at this point.

mourningme

Thank you sanmagic7. I completely understand your feeling. I feel like my bones are tired...every cell of my body.  I found myself thinking about this porch all day today. I decided to bring my bees' honey for everyone to try.
I thought about having a muffin, lemonade and  iced coffee ( why not right?), then curling up under a blanket and be lulled in and out by the acceptance and voices of everyone here. It is a really comforting idea.

Elphanigh

Mourningme, I am so glad you have found a place on the porch.  :hug:

I have cinnamon vanilla scones in the oven for everyone, they are getting close to done so you can start to smell them. I made them with my Indonesian cinnamon and actually Mexican vanilla extract instead of imitation vanilla. Smells so much better. I have neve rare them before but I think they will be delicious. Everyone is welcome to try them  :)

I am going to sit her a sip on a warm cup of coffee while I wait for them to be done

sanmagic7

all i can say is yum and thanks.  it all sounds grand.

tired again today, so spending a third day here.  i think all the moving stuff has caught up with me, and we're now having problems getting some stuff fixed, so more headaches.  ugh.  the porch, the water, the lovely eating and drinking things all seem perfect to me. 

Deep Blue

I'm here today.  I don't want to say what's going on.  There is chaos around me so I'm going to listen to music and sit here for the day. 

My dog is curled up beside me.  He is my little furball.  Deep breaths and cuddles with him  :hug:

Sceal

Im going to walk alone in the forest today.

Elphanigh

Going to be here today. My body is sore and tired, hoping to enjoy a bit of warmth from the sun and the sounds of the birds. Will be sitting on the porch with a blanket and a good book, but am up for playing games or being company to anyone that may need it.

sanmagic7

i'm here today covered with a blanket of simplicity and my library book.  so much niggly piggly paperwork/bureaucratic gunk to get us set up.  this has not been like moving into an apt. in the same city at all.  plus, it's a much smaller town, so less resources.  we're the ones who have to be resourceful.  hahaha.

anyway, walking to the food pantry later, will have to take a cab home.  ugh.  still, i'll be here before and after. i need to rest.

kdke

I've decided to finally visit this amazing place. I can hear the tide in the distance so I brought my great grandmother's quilt to wrap around me while I relax and just listen. I think I'll pour myself a glass of clear, cool water to keep myself refreshed.

Ah, I also brought my sweet kitty cat, Asha. She's a medium-hair tortoiseshell who loves meeting people and is my #1 companion. She's very gentle and gives kisses, so don't be afraid to pet her if you'd like--she loves head scratchies and cuddles.

We'll be sitting in a shaded area of the porch, with me snuggled up in my quilt and Asha waiting to make some new friends.

Deep Blue

Napping here today.  IRL I'm napping too.