Creativity Thread for Inner Children - Please Join Us!!!

Started by Hope67, May 24, 2018, 11:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sceal

My SA-support lady suggested that she set up an appointment for me with the center's art-therapist in hopes that she can help find my laughter.
I am terrified and curious as to how this is going to work. I am (working on calling myself) an artist, so when it comes to approaching painting or drawing or colours there's always a reason behind it for me. Always an angle, and always a critisism, and always trying to learn something new. I don't think I can let go of my natural ways of critiquing (not in a negative way) the work.  So, I'm curious - what will happen? If anything.

But also, I've gone back to basics. I'm just doing 1min sketches of poses from people. Trying to find the movement and the flow in each pose. Sometimes it's hard! Especially when the upper body is twisting around.

Dragonflytink

Hi
I was never allowed to get dirty hands as a child, I still freak out at 46 if my hands are dirty. Recently I took part in an art therapy class where I was encouraged to finger paint. At first it was horrendous and I had to keep cleaning my fingers off between each paint frantically. Then it suddenly became fun and it was amazing having my hands in paint. I did a big butterfly in all different colours out of finger paint dots. X

Blueberry

Yay for your butterfly  :) and for moving from horrendous to enjoy in one session  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Also a warm welcome to the forum :heythere:

Kizzie

Younger you came out to play from the sounds of it  :applause:  Glad you were able to let go and have fun!

Rainydaze

I love this idea!  :) As a child I absolutely adored sticker by number books. I've been looking for something a bit more mindful to do rather than browsing aimlessly on my phone, so I've bought this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Paint-Sticker-Re-Create-Classic-Photographs/dp/1523500131/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1547471275&sr=8-1&keywords=paint+by+sticker+music+icons Hehe, it was Ziggy that sold it for me.  ;D

Boatsetsailrose

Fabulous to.hear everyone's creative ic fun...
Currently i am painting a little canvas of professor yaffle..he is a wooden wood pecker from one of my favorite animations when i was a child called 'bagpuss ' also in the picture is 2 mice and a frog

Hope67

I haven't been back in this thread for a while, but it is great to be back here, and I am reminded that there are other ways to be creative - and my inner children would like that, so I'm going to think about what I could do on the weekend to enjoy some creative time.  I'm going to think about it. 
I was feeling tired, but reading this thread, I feel a bit of energy from somewhere.
Hope  :)

Blueberry

I checked back here because I have a number of creative projects lying around that I haven't been doing and I had a third idea yesterday or the day before that I set in motion and then stopped. It is to make myself an Advent calendar, though not from scratch. I have a strip of cloth with 24 rings on it. You can tie a little gift to each ring, or - what I have done before in the past - is write a little message for myself for the day and hang on each.

What I did in the past was give myself a little gift voucher, which was sometimes to buy myself something small and special I'd been wanting for a long time but mostly it was little time vouchers - take time to sit and really relax with cup of tea instead of haring around e.g., or take time to do a little colouring in.

What I'm thinking this time is twofold: time vouchers again, probably with slightly different things on them and also bit-by-bit preparation for Christmas which in my case will be things like: clean this little corner; sort out 2 books and take to Neighbourhood Bookshelf; dust anywhere for 5 minutes. They are actually just suggestions so if they don't work on that day, it's OK. Before I've left them on my Advent calendar to do another day, maybe. Maybe I'll even write one saying "do 5 mins on one of those art projects lying around" because that would help tidy things a bit internally and externally ;D

Boatsetsailrose

I'm so creative and I just don't...
I've tried to push myself, set little projects, made it short.
When I start I love it...
I'm trying to just accept the block... Beating myself about not isn't good..
Just like beating myself about my room not being in order... I realised today its OK no one says it has to be.. Maybe this is how I want to live

Hope67

Hi Blueberry - I'm only just reading this in 2022, and you wrote what you wrote in 2019, but I just wanted to say that I liked your ideas for creative projects.  Reading about those things feels calming to me, at this moment, and makes me think once more of maybe doing something creative.

Hi Boatsetsailrose - I'm only just reading this in 2022, and you wrote what you wrote in 2019, but I related to what you wrote about the block, and just accepting it - because maybe accepting it might make it dissolve in time, and then you could enjoy your wish to be creative.  I don't know whether you were able to do something creative in the intervening time since 2019 to now, but whatever you're doing, I hope it's been ok and hopefully enjoyable.

Hope  :)

Boatsetsailrose

I just bought 120 amazing coloured pencils artist quality..
Star joy - gold

Boatsetsailrose

Kizzie

Boats, underneath the dialogue box you type in there's an option in blue that says "Attachments and other options". Just click on that and you'll be able to upload a pic.  I have to approve it which may take a day or two but then it will be available for others to see.

NarcKiddo

Oh! What a lovely thread. I have just taken up colouring. It was a big step for me because my mother likes all things art and drawing and then colouring in her pictures and I don't want to be like her. Also, she makes other people look at her stuff and expects praise for it. My therapist was really pleased when she heard I had taken up colouring. Even more pleased when I said I had taken the plunge and joined a Facebook group where you can post pictures of your creations. I did not do it in order to get praise, though I expected a few polite remarks. I did it to see what it feels like. And, while I was pleased some people hit the "like" button, I realised I am not like my mother. I am doing the colouring for me and actually feel quite neutral when other people comment.

Now I can't get enough of all things colouring book, and pens, and pencils and paint. Boatsetsailrose - I've just bought myself a set of 120 pencils, too!  :yes:

Bach

Little B wants me to share this for her. She drew it at a friend's house in February of 2020.