feedback, please, on the importance of stabilization prior to therapy

Started by sanmagic7, May 27, 2018, 03:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

sanmagic7

nervous cuz i don't know what's going to happen.  however, it also explains why there's been no responses.  i didn't know about the limitation on how long a post could be.  i think the worst that could happen is i get asked to shorten the post.  i can do that.  just hope it's nothing else.

there is the possibility that it will be posted as is.  depends what the mod thinks, i guess.  we'll find out.  thanks for asking, blueberry.

sanmagic7

ok, i contacted the mod, re-wrote, and re-sent.  fingers crossed.  we'll see if it goes thru this time.  i'm nervous now about what kinds of responses there might be, if any.  deep breath.  and exhale.

Blueberry

I would be nervous too. I don't mean you should be of course, but just I understand :grouphug:

sanmagic7

sanmagic7

2 responses to my post.  both positive.

one from quite the mucky-muck in the emdr community who said she wanted me and everyone to know that she's had experience with a c-ptsd client, and can totally see how this population could be easily re-traumatized in therapy.  she didn't use the term c-ptsd, tho, so i replied that it would be a victory for us to get c-ptsd as an official diagnosis.

the other from a psychologist who thanked me for sharing, and said she found what i had to say and examples/details i gave as 'amazing'.  so, sounds like she was clueless before.

yay!  couldn't have done this without you all, your generosity and courage in sharing your experiences.  thank you.  there are more informed t's out there now, so hopefully treatment will become helpful for all of us.

Elphanigh

San, it is great to hear there were positive responses to your post!  :cheer: Thank you for taking all the time, energy, and emotional bandwidth to advocate for all of us on that page, it is truly important work  :hug: Sending lots of love

sanmagic7

thanks my dearest el.  it is today that i'm feeling the effects of it all, so i'm off to the porch for the rest of the day.  much love to you.

Blueberry

Quote from: Elphanigh on June 08, 2018, 02:32:50 PM
San, it is great to hear there were positive responses to your post!  :cheer: Thank you for taking all the time, energy, and emotional bandwidth to advocate for all of us on that page, it is truly important work  :hug: Sending lots of love

:yeahthat:

sanmagic7

thank you, blueberry, you sweet thing.  we're all in this together.   i have so appreciated what you've shared, and it was more than enough.