How long do I wait?

Started by Eyessoblue, May 30, 2018, 06:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyessoblue

Today isn't good don't know why had a few flashbacks and nightmares which haven't particularly scared me more just annoyed me. I'm on yet another nhs waiting list for anxiety clinic which I was told I should be contacted at the beginning of May, have been on it for 9 weeks now and nothing!........
So am I entitled to try somehow to contact them? I have no info about it so not even sure where to go with this,  I'm feeling tearful and hurt like I've been let down and no one cares, I know I'm probably over reacting but just fed up with waiting list after waiting list.... rant over!

Rainagain

Maybe contact GP secretary and ask for an update?

I've had similar waiting for nothing to happen stuff lately, drives me up the wall.

Eyessoblue

RainAgain, wish it was that easy, this is a totally different service from the Gp service it's a local mental health group that runs off the nhs, haven't found any contact details for it yet.

Blueberry

Sounds maddening, Eyessoblue  :pissed: :pissed:             Maybe emoticons help?

Gromit

Do you have a letter or something that says you are on the list? That may have contact details on it. Did they give you a timescale?

I have been on the waiting list for CBT, they told me it was likely to be 20 weeks, but they did send me a monthly letter (or so) apologising for the delays.

Eyessoblue

Hey gromit, no it was just word of mouth by my therapist she said I'd hear by the beginning of May, I have no contact details of where it is or who to go to, the only thing I can do is go back to where I saw my counsellor and ask to see if someone can help me from there I think!

sanmagic7

don't know anything about this, but want to send you love and a big hug while going thru this.  sounds so frustrating.