TW re: therapist boundaries - good article

Started by SE7, June 05, 2018, 12:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SE7

*trigger warning re: therapists having boundaries*

I saw this article and found it pretty shocking. It mentions that a T who would do this is likely a psychopath.
I think it's just something good to be aware of, considering we are recovering from PD people.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/06/04/sexual-misconduct-therapists-may-more-common-than-you-think/lHh2CLBcxHF6bdDH1coWCO/story.html

sanmagic7

thanks, se7.  my first t had few boundaries and fewer ethics.  she ensnared me in a web of overlapping relationships, including as a client, best friend, confidant about other clients, facilitator, and employee, all at the same time.  at times, i was also put into dual roles within these roles.  after 8 yrs., i was finally able to untangle myself, feeling much worse about myself than when i began with her.

i believe she's npd.  luckily i was able to get out before my mind actually snapped.  it took 8 more years until i was able to report her to the state board because i suffered such debilitating anxiety and depression from my experience with her.   we really do have to be careful of who we're entrusting our emotions and psyches to - there are a lot of messed up people out there in the helping professions.