Just anxious a lot

Started by Perry1216, June 05, 2018, 02:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perry1216

I am trying to dig down and work on anxiety. I have some trauma related reasons to do with job and self trust as well as just being more of a worrier type person.

I'm here to explore and try to heal and get stronger and move forward.

I'm also a teacher by trade. So a lot of the trauma stuff has to do with a former sociopath boss who bullied me constantly and made me doubt my worth greatly. I also am now constantly worried about something going wrong.

I also get frustrated with difficult students because of the fact they could get me fired somehow. My psychologist says I'm a great teacher based on evidence, but I consistently still worry.

Blueberry

Deep Blue

Hello Perry  :wave:

Welcome to the forum. I think you will learn that this is a great group of people. 

sanmagic7

glad you're here, perry.  this has been a great place for me when i've experienced self-doubt. people here are so very generous, kind and caring, and have helped me a lot in that area. 

Boatsetsailrose

Hi perry
I can relate a lot to what you are going through.. I've been working as a nurse and my self doubt has been a massive part and eroded me whilst working .. it didn't matter what others said or how much evidence was contrary. There is lots of healing to be had and you have every chance of recovering ..
things that helped me greatly was having a good work supervisor and colleagues I could be honest with about my feelings and struggles ( maybe even a distance peer support or something could be helpful to you). Also writing down at the end of the day and reflecting on what went well through the day and what was achieved. Challenging thoughts as they came up whilst at work and practising the opposite of those thoughts and also a big one - being self compassionate and finding a kind voice to be my own friend.
I do understand the worry I'm a constant worrier developing faith and trust are important for me and telling myself everything is ok and I am safe.

Sending you best wishes for the next part of your recovery Perry