Open-ish Relationships

Started by timetakesmymind, September 20, 2018, 04:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timetakesmymind

My friend and I have been together for more than 4 years and are both kind of young (24, 26). We refer to each other as friends because we feel that labels create a lot of expectations. Basically, we've had a close friendship and have had sex with each other pretty consistently during that time. Within the past year, we've tried to move towards more of a partnership as I expressed to him that I don't think I could hold up more than one significant romantic relationship, so I was looking for more of a primary partner in an open relationship. He said he was looking for the same thing. We believe that sexual attraction is not something that should have guilt associated with it. However, there are challenges to this type of relationship - primarily, jealousy and trust. We've both needed some space lately and have been on Tinder trying to meet new people since loneliness is still a thing. Tonight, he's going to hang out with someone and he told me about it and I'm feeling jealousy and triggered because I fear betrayal and abandonment, but I really appreciate him telling me and I hope he has a good time. He isn't looking for sex and told me so. I would love it if I could get thoughts. And thank you for letting this be a platform where I can freely express myself.