Assessment day

Started by Gromit, June 12, 2018, 01:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gromit

Feeling a bit raw after my assessment for CBT. But I am encouraged by the T, especially as stabilisation is the first thing to do & she really seemed to understand what I have experienced as trauma.

In other news, I have a Facebook page connected to what I do, so I post information about times, etc, but also articles of relevance, funnies etc, connected to what I do. Yesterday, I find someone with my mother's name is following the page. I take a look at the person's profile, no picture, but has 1 friend, who is my sister's brother-in-law, which is a bit random. I blocked them anyway, not from the general interest page but from being able to see my profile which is pretty private these days anyway.

Usually friends like that interest page, my 'customers' or people with an interest in the subject which, I suppose my mother does have, but to follow the page, without making any comment or anything, if it is my mother, weird, & I don't want to be stalked by her, or anyone else in foo.

Deep Blue

:bighug:

I know that feeling of being raw after therapy Gromit.  I'm glad you are encouraged with the new therapist.  I hope it works out well for you.  The assessment stage was not my favorite part if that's any conciliation.
Take good care,
Deep Blue

Kizzie

I hope you find the CBT helpful Gromit, I did.  :yes: 

Gromit

Thanks Deep Blue, & Kizzie.

My OH asked how it went. He said something interesting about me having been 'like this' for so long. I think since I first had depression. He has no idea that this has been life long, I suppose because when we got back together I was in a 12 step group, I was LC with my parents, I was living alone. Things were pretty good, for me.

The T yesterday suggested things get worse for me when there are stressful times. Since being with OH, he wanted to meet my parents, not believing what I said, it has taken him some years to be on the same page as me there, & he isn't entirely. I've had kids, which brings its own stress & triggers for childhood abuse, been ill, OH triggers me sometimes too, been bullied by peers, etc, etc, too much to mention. I guess it wasn't what he imagined back then, when I seemed so 'self assured'.

Kizzie

Just a suggestion, but perhaps he needs a bit of help understanding what is Complex PTSD and how it develops?   There are some information sheets about Complex PTSD here such as this one from the Blue Knot Foundation you could give to him. 

Also, if you were to fill out the "Causes of Complex PTSD" and "Symptoms of Complex PTSD" forms and share it with him it might make the point about what you specifically went through?