The Roots of Trauma

Started by Deep Blue, June 20, 2018, 02:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deep Blue

Dark are the roots of trauma. It grows from a small seed of doubt and germinates.  It seems easier to lay in the shadows than to risk being trampled on again.  The ground we have grown from is harsh unforgiving and unloving.  We could not see the sun during our trauma.  The only light we had was found within. 

Somehow we managed to grow.  As each ring of our lives developed we became more sturdy.  Even with this stability, came a ripening uneasiness.  We knew how our hope, self esteem and and sanity could be whittled away.

In the past our flowers were plucked.  Our fruit was stolen, and yet we continued to branch out.  The lessons we learned are with us throughout the sprouting of our lives.  A forest has weathered the trauma. Now like the redwood we stand tall. Together we show strength from our pasts.  In our cultivation we seek to recover our hope, self esteem and sanity.  Dark are the roots of trauma, but we have found the light. 

- By: Deep Blue

Sceal

Very spot on in a beautiful language.
Well written, dear Deep Blue!  :hug:, if it's okay

Deep Blue

I always love hugs Sceal  :hug: 

woodsgnome

Deep Blue wrote:

"A forest has weathered the trauma. Now like the redwood we stand tall. Together we show strength from our pasts.  In our cultivation we seek to recover our hope, self esteem and sanity.  Dark are the roots of trauma, but we have found the light."

Thank you--these wonderful words have made my day, and gives lots of strength that I need right now.. As you can tell from my signature line below, it resonates deeply when I'm out of sorts.

Thanks for posting this.  :hug:

Deep Blue

Much love to you woodsgnome.  :hug: I'm so glad my words gave you strength.  I couldn't have hoped for a better effect.
:grouphug: