Favourite self care film?

Started by Laura90, June 27, 2018, 08:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura90

So today I bought Mrs Doubtfire on DVD because that has always been my favourite film and find it so soothing when my inner child is strong.

I love Robin Williams. So sad he's not here in the world anymore. He had an awful time too.

Anyway, question is;

What is your favourite film(s) for self soothing?

Laura   :)

kdke

It used to be that I would watch all the Twilight movies with Rifftrax commentary. They just made life so much better for me.

Well, after doing that countless times over and then losing those copies ( :'() I've had to find other avenues.

Now I watch Bob Ross on Netflix! He's so relaxing and good-natured with such a great outlook on life; I've decided that if I were to have a patron saint, he'd be it lol

Sceal

Mrs Doubtfire is a great movie. I also love Robin williams. So I think most of his movies goes on my list.
Other than his movie, it's of course Harry Potter - it's still magical for me.
And Billy Elliot is a brilliant movie. For a long while I would watch Phantom of the Opera on repeat, but I haven't seen it in years.
Now i more often than not try to find movies from the 90'ies early 00'.

Deep Blue

Pitch perfect and despicable me

GarlicMaster

I've always found Studio Ghibli films very relaxing. They often move me on a deep emotional level as well which is a great form of catharsis.

kdke

Quote from: GarlicMaster on June 30, 2018, 06:00:39 AM
I've always found Studio Ghibli films very relaxing. They often move me on a deep emotional level as well which is a great form of catharsis.
Nailed it. I absolutely agree. It's definitely a life goal for me to collect as many Ghibli films as I can for that very reason!

Laura90

I'm liking everyone's reasons to their choices.

Ahhhh yes I love The Terminal too BeHea1thy.  :thumbup: I might even watch it later.  ;D

Laura  :grouphug:

Sceal

Oooh! Of course the Studio Ghibli films! Also the films from cartoon saloon and the old Disney classics!
I also want to throw out Doctor Who - although not a movie, it's nice to binge watch.

Laura90

I do love to binge watch  Big Bang Theory. Love how they're all insecure in their own individual quirky ways, yet still are all close friends! Helps me to not think I'm the only weirdo geek out there either!   :whistling: