Dear Little kdke

Started by kdke, July 02, 2018, 06:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdke

Little kdke,

Hey you. I'm sorry we don't get to talk much. I'm working on that, and so I want to tell you something really important now that I'm trying to fix that.

I want to thank you very, very, very much for being who you are. You're just... so amazing, and smart, and full of energy and creativity. Whenever I feel you try to show me something cool you've noticed, I'm just in awe with how much life is in you.

You've gone through so much and you just keep trying. You're my hero, you know? It's because of you that I'm still here. It's you, isn't it, that reminds me of all the great things that I want to do before I'm done on this planet. You're right--those things are great and important enough to keep trying for.

I know it's also you that I feel when I walk around my apartment and want to sing until my throat is sore, or write until my eyes burn from the computer screen, or draw until my hands turn black from lead and ink. I remember you doing those things a lot, so many years ago. You still try... and it's hard to now because I'm scared to let you.

I'm really sorry, I want you to know that. I don't mean to make it hard. You know... I was told these things were waste of time so many times over so many years that doing them is hard. I can tell you understand because you're just super smart like that and have enough patience to keep trying. It's been hard because adults taught us we couldn't trust ourselves, and we started to see that we couldn't even trust them after they hurt us so much.

That wasn't fair to us. We were always good enough to be taught how to trust ourselves to understand things, so now we are going to learn how to do that. You and me, ok? I'll be the grown-up that you can trust, and I will tell you that you can trust yourself, too. You're strong and can do a lot, more than I can do right now. So if you can do it, then so can I.

I believe in you so much, my little one. You are pure and deserve the universe, with all the other little ones in this world. So I will start to trust you more and more. I'll sketch more, and write more, and sing more, like you always did and still do in my soul. All I ask for is your unending patience so I can take one small step at a time. If you give me that one gift, then I will do everything I can to give you so much more.

You deserve the room to stretch your wings and be free. That's what I want for you, is for you to be exactly who you are nothing else.

I love you with all my heart,

kdke  :hug:

Blueberry

Hello kdke,

I don't feel that I have words for anybody else atm but just want to aknowledge you writing to Little kdke and hope it does you as much good as writing Recovery Letters does to me.  :hug:

Seashell

Hello kdke,

This letter was so wonderful! I acknowledge your efforts to reconnect with your inner child and I hope to do the same. Little Kdke is lucky to have you!

Warmest thoughts,
Seashell