NLP

Started by Eyessoblue, August 28, 2018, 08:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyessoblue

I'm going through quite a journey  at the moment with all the different kind of therapies I've been having, but I have to say that NLP, is actually the one that has totally changed me. I've completely changed my way of thinking now and have looked at how words have affected me. I listen to what people have  to say then I re evaluate it all,picking out the positives and dismissing the negative.
By doing this, I'm setting myself healthy boundaries and not letting people manipulate me, if I don't want to do something now then I say no and not worry about what I'm feeling and wanting instead of them. It's about putting yourself first and for the first time ever I'm actually enjoying being this way and finally feeling free.

woodsgnome

Very interesting to see you making progress with something we take for granted--how we use words, especially how we learn certain ways of speech that we tend to use negatively about ourselves. So changing that around takes some effort, but it seems well worth it.

Like so much of this trek with cptsd and its aftermath, it takes a combination of un-learning, then re-learning to find a way through the weeds. I hope you can stay with the progress you've made this way. Congratulations  :applause:

Hope67

Hi Eyessoblue,
This is good that you are finding NLP useful - setting yourself healthy boundaries and not letting people manipulate you.  It's great that you're "finally feeling free" -  :hug: that is great!
Hope  :)

Eyessoblue

Thank you both, yes feeling a lot better, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel finally....