Article about Effects on Children of Narcissistic Parenting

• 18 Replies

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Article about Effects on Children of Narcissistic Parenting
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2020, 06:11:43 PM »
Tks for the resources DDC! 

Still amazes me how many of us there are and that we seem to have escaped the attention of MH professionals for this long.  :'(   

dollyvee

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2020, 11:05:08 AM »
Just wanted to say welcome to OOTS Dollyvee and that you're in good company with those of us who developed CPTSD/RTR as a result of parents with NPD.   :grouphug:   

It used to be a tough sell (that the emotional abuse of being captive to someone with NPD was indeed big T trauma), but I sense that's beginning to change, perhaps because there are so many of us sadly and that we're finding one another and talking about the deep and debilitating wounds disordered parenting can cause.  Whatever the case, glad too you found your way here.   :)

Thank you Hope and Kizzie for your welcome messages in January. I didnít receive notification. I agree it was a tough sell to myself especially, that this was abuse and trauma. Glad that other people understand it now though.

Dollyvee

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2020, 02:32:51 PM »
 :grouphug:

(Note: Our notification feature has a glitch but at the moment I am caught up in terms of time and energy in a family health issue.  Hope to get to the glitches once things settle.)

Violet Magenta

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2020, 01:15:07 AM »
The whole list rings true, and this REALLY hit home: "The narcissist is not accountable for their own mistakes or behavior, so the child believes they are to blame..." It still happens in nearly all interactions with my parents to this day. One of my biggest battles is with a miasma of toxic shame that clouds my whole life. It is hard work. Hang in there everyone. Thanks, Hope, for sharing this.