Wattlebirds journal

Started by Wattlebird, July 13, 2018, 03:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wattlebird

I'm feeling a bit more posative today, my visit to my therapist was helpful, and helped me focus more on recovery than regrets. I really need to learn to sit with my feelings, not so easy atm though I'm managing it ok in little bites.
Today my daughter went home, and I'm enjoying the alone time, I also had lunch with some friends which was really nice.
xo wb

sanmagic7

switching that focus, sitting with your feelings - a handful right there.  i'm glad you'll have a bit of time on your own for practice.  well done, wb!   :thumbup:  love and hugs to you   :hug:

Jazzy

Not Alone

Welcome back, Wattlebird.  :heythere: I think it's great that you are bringing yourself some calm through art. Continue to treat yourself with gentleness and kindness.

Wattlebird

Thanks for the encouragement  :thumbup:
Today was another posative day, I spent some time with a few friends and did some shopping, all rather nerve racking but I got through just fine, I have a dental appointment tomorrow, which is usually an awful experience for me, though it's my 3rd visit recently and I'm feeling far more confident, he is a good dentist, aware of my anxiety and I feel far more comfortable with him than I ever have sitting in the dentists chair. So hopefully that will continue to be the case, my therapist has given me calming techniques to practice while in the chair and they seem to work well, plus some anxiety meds and I should be fine. (I'm psyching myself up)
xo wb

Jazzy

All the best at the dentist tomorrow. Sounds like you've got some good tools on your side; you can handle it! Take care! :)

Wattlebird

Thanks jazzy
Yeah the dentist went well, I even found I was encouraged by the self awareness I possessed, I was looking at it as a training session on overcoming anxiety and self soothing and I did really well.
:cheer:
I've had such a dreadful time over this year, at the moment I'm working on myself a lot better, Im wanting to process the years traumas and allow myself to feel and heal. 
Not easy
Wb

Hope67

Hi Wb,
:cheer: for how you coped with the dentist, it sounds like it went really well. 
Wishing you the best with your aims to process the years traumas and allowing yourself to feel and heal.  Sending you a supportive hug, if that's ok  :hug:
Hope  :)

Wattlebird

Thanks hope
I have put my house on the market, every doctor and therapist I've spoken to has advised me to relocate and I agree, it's a stressful situation selling and moving but my proximity to a number of very traumatic memories is too stressful to stay here.
I hope it's a smooth transition, I don't feel confident that I will cope with too much stress, a number of people have told me to go live or holiday somewhere else in the meantime but I need to prep the house for sale, anyway I think I'll at least need to stay this week to get the house in order. Well that's what I'm busy doing, my daughters will be here tomorrow, so that's going to help.
Well back to work
Xo wb

Hope67

Hi Wb, I hope it is a smooth transition, and wishing you the best with your move.  Nice that your daughter will be around to help out.   :hug:

Three Roses

Scary and exciting. All the best to you -  :hug:

Jdog

Sending best wishes with the move!

Wattlebird

Thanks for all my best wishes with moving.  :hug:
I saw my psychologist today, and it was a really hard time, I'm a real mess, I just want to lay in bed all week, but I said I'd have lunch with some friends tomorrow and then I'm having a mental health review assessing how I'm coping out of hospital, so I'd better drag myself out of bed in the morning, I'm depressed just thinking about it.
I feel bad talking so negative, but I can't even be bothered trying.
Wb

Hope67

Hi Wb,
Just wanted to send you a hug,  :hug: