Wattlebirds journal

Started by Wattlebird, July 13, 2018, 03:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wattlebird

Thank you so much everyone, what a lovely welcome back.
I've had my kids here over the last few days and it's been a good time, they are very supportive and understanding, I'm a very fortunate person to have such understanding kids. My behaviour prior to my inpatient stay was extreme and out of control, I am surprised at how understanding they have been. (And grateful)
I'm seeing my psychologist twice a week and mental health assessment teams once a week, to make sure I stay stable,
My antidepressants have been tripled and I've got a low dose antipsychotic as well which works wonders for my anxiety anger and destructive thinking.
We did lots of mindfulness work and I'm trying to stick to those techniques, seems like I have to ground myself constantly.
I'm moving house to get away from the constant triggers in this very small town, so moving again is stressful but staying will be much worse.
I'm Just taking it slowly and trying to minimise triggers.
Thanks again for the support
Wattlebird

Three Roses

Sounds like you have really outlined a good healthy plan for your self!  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Not Alone

Sending encouragement as you take it slow and work on mindfulness.  :hug:

SharpAndBlunt

Hi Wattlebird, great to hear you are doing well!  :)

SaB

Hope67

Hi Wattlebird,
Glad to hear things are going well, and I'd like to wish you the best with your house move.   :hug:
Hope  :)

Jdog

Wattlebird

Hello again
I've decided to get back to work on myself, I gave up on all self examination for a few months ( hence my absence here) I was in a bad place, but after my second hospitalisation recently, I'm going to make an effort to get back on track, I'm scared of confronting the issues causing my downward spiral though I realise it's the only way out of this hole.
So I'm going to get my head out of the sand and face up.
It's so nice to see so many of you still here and posting, I will try to catch up with the posts I've missed.
One step at a time though, I'm feeling very fragile.
Wattlebird

Hope67

Welcome back Wattlebird.   :hug:  I missed you.  I know you're feeling fragile, so take the steps you need, at the pace you need to take them, and wishing you the best.   
Hope  :)

sanmagic7

welcome back.  as you go thru this, know that we're there with you, standing by your side, cheering you one, and supporting you in your process.  sending love and hugs, wb.  glad to see you again.   :grouphug:

Three Roses

:hug: welcome back! It's important that you focus on yourself for the time being - getting caught up on everyone's posts can wait imo. Don't feel pressure to read them all, or respond. You're feeling fragile so put yourself first, whatever that looks like for you personally. Be gentle with yourself, you matter.

Blueberry

:yeahthat:
And welcome back Wattlebird! :grouphug: I did wonder about you occasionally. But I know mbrs come back when the time is right for them.

I've taken breaks from healing in the past too, you're not alone there.  :hug:

Jazzy

Welcome back! As the others have said, just go at a pace that is good for you. I hope all goes well in your renewed healing journey. Take care! :)

woodsgnome

Welcome back  :)

Here's hoping being here again can help you create some healing steps with which you can gain some traction as you seek to live the better life you richly deserve.

Wattlebird

Thank you so much for that lovely welcome back, I've missed you all. :grouphug:
Each day I'm giving myself some small tasks to accomplish, they are minor at the moment and not too overwhelming.
I am getting them done, which is great.
I'm seeing my psychologist tomorrow, my first visit after my latest hospitalisation, so that will probably be hard.  I've been doing a lot more art projects as well, which is a real help in calming my mind.
Well I'm struggling with what to say, so I'll leave it there.
Thanks again for the warm welcome
xo wb

Jdog

Wb-

So nice to have you back!  Easy does it.  I'm here to listen (and heading back to teaching tomorrow, so please forgive any lapses).

:hug: