Nature Heals

Started by Jdog, July 15, 2018, 04:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdog

I saw a bald eagle on my run along the river today. It brought to mind the idea that no matter how much we humans screw things up politically, socially, or even environmentally, nature still has the power to remind us that we are not alone and to inspire us to do better.

At least, that is how I am feeling today.

Blueberry

the mirliton

Jdog, when my thoughts come swirling around to disturb my calm (which happens more often than not) taking the healing steps to get OUTSIDE and be present in the wonder-filled, uncomplicated world that exists in Nature ups the odds that I can ride out the emotional episode with reduced ramifications! What a great gift on your run to be blessed with seeing the magnificent bird! Last night on my walk to take out the garbage, I was enjoying the evening breeze that was finally lowering the days high temperatures when I heard someone playing bagpipes near the river! (it was soft enough to just be way cool and complement the quiet of the end of a day) I then heard a very cheeky loud little chipmunk and so I will totally agree that you are spot on  :yes: when you say that "Nature Heals"

Laura90

Your post BeHea1thy reminds me to take my camera out with me more.

This morning I saw an adult and baby muntjack deer when taking my dog out.

There were lots of butterflies fluttering and twirling amongst the purple thistles around a sheep field too.

I love morning and evenings when you can feel the warm breeze, hear the leaves rustling against each other, and feel the calm safeness of nature sort of saying "welcome, there are no humans about here but this is our wilderness in which you have always belonged, please, bring a blanket and pick some blackberries if you would like"

Jdog

Once more, nature came to my rescue today.  Had a very rough time yesterday due to triggers, miscommunications with my spouse, and all of the fun things that come cascading down in the mix - shame, blame, and fear to name a few.

However, I went on my run this morning and got grounded once more.  Returned to the house and was able to maintain good boundaries and get yard work done.  My spouse and I are doing much better now - and nature and exercise had a great deal to do with that!

I like vanilla

You're right Jdog. Nature does heal. My therapist often gently reminds me of that.

The research also agrees; my dissertation work touched on the topic, and I have since pursued it out of personal interest.

Jdog

Vanilla-

Very cool that you dissertation topic touches on the healing power of nature!  Thanks for sharing.