Three Good Things Today - Part 4

Started by Kizzie, July 24, 2018, 04:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

A while ago I removed a catalogue in front of a neighbour's door so as to protect them from potentially being broken into and left a note in their letter box to explain.

1) Today the neighbour rang my bell and presented me with a sunflower as a thank-you. Now whenever I look at my sunflower I start smiling.  :sunny:

Blueberry

1) I have 2 Little Furries in my apartment to pet sit for 2 weeks. I notice already the softening affect they have on me. I speak gently and affectionately to them and that seems to have an affect on me too, on the thoughts wandering through my head. :)

2) I got the accommodation set up for the Little Furries before they came, did some long overdue cleaning, even some tidying and throwing out of papers.

3) The owners of the Little Furries were nice people who seemed to trust me with their pets too rather than looking askance at my less than perfect apartment. How I interact with the Furries is more important to them.

4) I wandered around a department store an hour or so ago looking at toys and children's books and especially activity books. It was giving some of my ICs some attention they needed. I didn't buy anything, wasn't my intention, just looking and getting tiny glimmers of memories of working in those kinds of books at school as a 6-7 year old. I liked working in those books but FOO didn't approve so I didn't mention it, kept it hidden. So now it's good to admit it.  :)

5) I'm going to go completely off-line now until tomorrow day-time. No sitting about on the computer at 4 AM. Nope. Reading a book is OK, sleeping utterly desirable, but no Internet. This is self-care!

Blueberry

1) After days of not doing so, I suddenly got the impetus this evening to go into the garden and continue where I left off: removing builder's earth from around the spaces where I moved my plants to and adding a bag of compost soil I bought specially.  :thumbup:

2) Last night I slept in my proper and properly made bed again. Felt much better. :)

3) An additional bud has opened up on my sunflower, so there's an additional much smaller bloom on the side.

woodsgnome

1. I dared to socialize and visited some people I know just as they were enjoying their before work morning coffee routine, to which I'm invited but rarely take them up on it; you know, hate to bother, etc. So I felt the fear and did it anyway, was able to add interest to their morning.

2. I made it to the grocery for first time in a long while (another out there task I avoid if at all possible but getting down to end of current supplies). I also have ongoing crippling arthritis in one leg but they have a nice motorized scooter and Sunday eve is low traffic so it worked out and I even got enough for a feast. So that's 2 !!! treks out to the world in one day; almost unheard of for me.

3. I did my usual, apologized for even being there, for being in the clerks' way, for lots of the usual 'I don't matter' reasons but they were having none of it, and were glad to help.

I know this sounds so trite yet it's so cool when days like today come together like that. "Sounds so trite"??? Thanks, inner critic; and you may now shut up; thank you (be nice to your inner critic or it gets mad and looks for other things to irritate you with).

3 1/2...things were so nice that I almost forgot almost hitting a deer that popped in front of my vehicle on the trek home. And now the owl is hooting, loons are chortling as they settle into the twilight, and there will likely be coyote howls during their nocturnal rounds. All is well.

Elphanigh

1) I am feeling emotionally raw today, after last night's session. It isn't taking over my day though, and am I being kind to myself by accepting the feelings as they are without judging them.

2) I get to go to Aerial hatha tonight <3 yoga is one of my favorite things in the world and this will be my second day in a row

3) Work is going well, I am managing a lot and there are plans to start training me for my promotion this week. I finally have faith that I will do it well.

Blueberry

1) I made some tangible healing progress today
2) I've just been at a friend's (who's on holiday) having a nice, long soak and scrub in her bath, preceded by hair-wash. I feel much cleaner and better now.
3) I put some 'stuff' in my hair after washing it, which is meant to fortify it a bit, make it less dry or something like that. I often have a lot of trouble with that kind of self-care so it's  :applause: to self when I do overcome whatever's in the way.
4) Enjoyed looking after all the Furries today - all 5 of them  :)

Kizzie

1.  The wild fire evacuation alert has finally been lifted after five long weeks!
2.  I can see the mountains around our house as the smoke is starting to thin.
3.  It's much cooler (has been 30-40 degrees for weeks) and there's a hint of my beloved autumn in the air. 

:yahoo:

Blueberry

Wattlebird

3 good things that happened today, I luv this concept, when the kids were young (school age) we would do this at dinner everyone would say 3 good things that happened that day, well we did for about a year.
1. I got a lovely massage off hubby because I was a stress mess
2. I went for a refreshing swim at the beach this really helps me relax
3. I am going out for dinner with hubby
So we don't have to cook yay

Blueberry

Quote from: Wattlebird on August 30, 2018, 03:59:54 AM
3 good things that happened today, I luv this concept, when the kids were young (school age) we would do this at dinner everyone would say 3 good things that happened that day, well we did for about a year.

Wow!  :thumbup: :thumbup: When you compare that with the sort of conversations / topics that when on at my FOO's dinner table... Doing it for a year is a pretty long time too! Quite long enough for it to make an impression on your kids and for it to be anchored in some part of their brain as a Helpful Life Tool.

happy for you about the 3 good things in your life yesterday too!

Wattlebird

Thanks blueberry I was pretty determined not to repeat the negative attitudes of my foo

Blueberry

1) I'm continuing sorting through papers, filing some and throwing lots out. Feels good   :)
2) Sent one of those payment reminders. Instead of spending a bunch of energy thinking of the correct way, I just wrote "I'm waiting for your payment" and at least I got a response
3) I enjoyed being out in the garden picking edibles for my Fur Babies. Little plants have sprung up already around landlords' building site  :)

Sceal

1. I managed to practice drawing perspective today
2. I dared to reach out and phone my Lady T
3. My roomie bought me an ice-coffee to cheer me up, it's very kind of him.

Blueberry

1) Lovely warm sunny day today
2) Spent lots of day in garden, partly doing paper work and partly garden work
3) I took the Fur Babies into the garden with me and enjoyed watching them run about

Sceal

1. Put on the radio and treated myself with some skin lotion, and even put on some simple make-up
2. Having a relaxing morning without pressure
3. Thinking I'll go for a hike later, and I'm looking forward to it