The Healing Porch - Part 4

Started by Kizzie, July 24, 2018, 04:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

This is a continuation of the very popular "Healing Porch" topic  started by Wife #2.  Here is what she envisioned:

I would like to make this the official home of the healing porch. This is an idea several of us have come up with and want to maintain.

What we already know about the healing porch - first, it is imaginary. But, based on some real facts. It resembles the photo in my profile picture (an actual house I wish I could buy... ahh, if wishes were houses, I'd own it today).

Second, the porch wraps all the way around the house. Those who enjoy sun can sit in the un-roofed section, those who don't so much can even enjoy the screened in section. There are chairs, tables, swings, sofas, easy chairs.

Third, there is a beach and ocean just off the one side of the house. This ocean has crystal blue water, the sand never gets too hot to walk on.

Off another side of the porch is a middle/large concrete area for chalk expression and art. Hopscotch is popular over here.

Forest and lawn are represented off the other two porch sides. This is a magical healing porch, so it can shift as is needed for your healing time with us.

We have board games, bug lights, blankets of healing, peace, comfort, acceptance, rest and many other necessary emotions. They are scattered about the porch and you are welcome to wrap yourself in whichever blank you need. Fear not, this is a magical porch - if everyone needs acceptance, there will be enough to go around.

Refreshing beverages are always available - sorry, folks - one thing I feel strongly about, no alcohol. It blocks healing. Otherwise, all drinks are just waiting, cold or hot as is best for that beverage.

Snacks and light meals are also all around - fruit bowls, vegetable trays. Any vegan can be as well fed as the omnivores (including me) on this porch. If food is part of your challenge, there will always be a 'food-free' side to remove that as an issue during your time on the healing porch.

We've just had the suggestion that my puppies join us on the porch. I think it's a wonderful idea. In fact, if anyone has a pet, please bring it! We have shelving to hold aquariums, window jambs that would hold 20 pound cats, places for puppies to run and fetch, and whatever your pet wants or needs. Because this is a magical porch, messes clean themselves and no pet would DREAM of harming another pet.

All suggestions are welcome!! This is a place for all of us. It started as a mental image to help some of us remember to relax, breathe and enjoy each others' support. It's a great place to get acquainted with your inner child - everyone is safe here. There are games and friends to play them with. There are journals that nobody would ever dream of reading. There are phones and friends waiting on the other end to hear from you.

It is a place of healing. And community (I hear hopscotch is THE game this summer). Welcome.

See also Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3

Deep Blue

It's the middle of the night here but sleep is alluding me.

I'm going to sit and read here for a bit and hopefully drift off once again.

Kalmer

Tonight I'm going to sit on a bean bag, snuggle under a blanket and appreciate the thunder and lightning.

Laura90

I'm going to sit over here this eve and brought my dog Merlin. He's ever so friendly and never barks. I've brought some cushions, we'll sit on the floor together him half curled on my lap and just hear the sound of the rain pitter patter on the porch and seeing it drip onto the wooden steps.

sanmagic7

we had a dog named merlin, an airdale.

i just need to sit with a heating pad on my back, rock, read, just be with everyone here.  so tired, too. 

mourningme

Im here to find solace among people who can accept my broken heart and broken mind. I am having such a hard time that I just want to sit by the water and breathe.

alliematt

Here's a beautiful shade tree next to a quiet pond you can use.  I'll even bring you a lawn chair you can stretch out on.

alliematt

I'm bringing a hammock to swing on.  I've had a long day in front of the computer doing work-for-pay.  I'm also bringing my most comfy pillow and a soft afghan.  Night all .  . .

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Wattlebird

What a good idea - im sitting here for a while overlooking the ocean with the sun warming me and reclining on the lounge with my feet up.

Elphanigh

Coming here to rest and maybe continue sitting with Sanmagic. I am feeling emotionally overloaded today. I have come down from the worst of my ef but it leaves me drained to the point I feel it in every inch of my body and my soul is just heavy.

I will come hang out in a chair that is big and fluffy with a blanket of safety and reassurance, sipping on some tea then maybe allowing myself to drift off onto the shoulder of ems so I might get some much needed sleep with no nightmares

Elphanigh

Will be here again today. Had a rough go st it over night, so I just feel drained and know that I will be gone from my house for more than twelve hours. 

I think I will go down by the water and do some gentle meditative yoga. Anyone is welcome to join, it is for all sorts and I am decent at teaching it. One day I hope that is my job, or part of it. Anyways I will be down there listening to the coming and going of the water, and the birds this morning

sanmagic7

staying here the rest of the day.  putter in the garden - fresh baby tomatoes to snack on for everyone.  just gonna do some physical stuff, weed a little, sit and watch the plants grow, smell the fresh earth.  maybe some light reading, definitely a snooze or 3. 

Elphanigh

That sounds like a great day. Thank you for the tomatos, the little ones fresh from the garden are my favorite.

I think I will be here today as well. A day out in nataure would be great. I would love to stroll through the garden and wee if there are any sweet peppers ready and some sweet peas. They make for wonderful snacks.

Then I will take my yoga mat out under some trees and do a gentle restorative flow. One that honors myself and the beautiful nature that is helping root me in the present

Deep Blue

Once again I'm here in the middle of the night.  Listening to some music and looking up at the stars till I can find sleep again.

Deep Blue

Breathing and trying to calm myself this evening.  Hoping the healing porch helps me heal this evening.