I No Longer Meet the Criteria for CPTSD

Started by Jazzy, July 11, 2021, 08:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazzy

As of July 6th, I no longer meet the criteria for CPTSD, though I am still constantly suffering from the effects of trauma.  :cheer:

To the best of my knowledge, CPTSD is not officially accepted as a legitimate disorder here. I have never received an official diagnosis although I have been under the care of a psychiatrist for the past 8 years.

Despite all of this, I know the truth for myself. There are no words that anyone else can say, be they psychiatrists, doctors, or other, which change the reality of my life!

It is my deepest wish that you too heal from your trauma. Please let me know how I can best support you in making this happen.

You are welcome to read more about my journey in my journal: https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=14397.0

<3 Niko

Armadillo

This is fantastic Jazzy. You've been working so hard for a long time. And I'm glad things have substantially shifted.

I'm not sure if I should say this or not. But I've appreciated the few reality checks I've gotten here so please take this or leave it.

A lot of times when I have made massive progress I've thought myself healed. Often within a few weeks I'm knocked on my *$# again and I feel disappointed a short while because i really thought I was healed . But each time things get incrementally better. It's a bit like 7 steps forward 8 steps back and then 50 steps forward and 7 steps back.

Jazzy

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and concerns. I know well what you speak of.

One of the primary indications of my separation from trauma is the amount of difficult things I have dealt with this week without getting knocked down.

This is a very important point. Thank you again for raising it. While I expect that I am able to avoid becoming so overwhelmed for so long now, I will be more vigilant in response to your warm concern.

I am very much looking forward to the day when you have that same expectation of yourself. :hug:

Addendum: I am by no means recovered from the damage from living through a lifetime of trauma, however I am not living in trauma any longer, so I am able to give that impact the attention it demands.

CactusFlower

Jazzy

Tee

:cheer: that's great Jazzy I hope you continue to check in here and let us know how things are going and encourage the rest of us. :hug:

Jazzy

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:   Oh thank you so much Tee!   :hug:

It's really confusing and scary trying to figure out life now... but those are "normal emotions" so I'm happy to have them!

I'll certainly be around here for everyone. I do my best to write as much as I can in my journal in hopes it helps you and the others in some way. I know some people find it overwhelming how much I write and I totally understand that. I don't need a careful perfect reply to everything. Honestly a little cheer or a smiley face or something means so much to me.

That's one of the lessons I realized, every post doesn't need to be long and details (as I'm writing another long and detailed post lol). Your post here is perfect: a cheer, a warm statement showing care for everyone and a hug. That's beautiful! :)

You guys are my CPTSD family; you're all so important to me!