Hoping my family would acknowledge it

Started by johnram, October 25, 2021, 04:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

I hoped for acknowledgement from FOO for years and if I'm being honest from others too like those now in the course of becoming ex-friends. I really believe I can only heal when I allow myself to set and respect my own boundaries, which means not swallowing what people would have me believe e.g. it wasn't that bad. It was though, it was terrible abuse. Just look at the repercussions! They're on my Journal.

I also want to go slightly off-topic and respond to worries of over-long posts. But my post got rather long ;D so I've posted it here instead: https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=14607.0

Papa Coco

Waiting for acknowledgement from my FOO and from the ex-friends who treated me like I was less than human nearly drove me crazy.

Once I learned that not one single person would ever apologize, or even acknowledge what they'd done to me, I found my peace. They were bullies. They're NOT sorry. I had to accept that. Once I did...whew! I was able to start looking forward in life rather than constantly looking backward waiting for what I was never going to get. I guess you could say I "cut my losses and moved on."

I hope you're able to do the same.

dollyvee

Papa Coco I'm sorry you had to go through that growing up. I know how cruel people can be "out in the world" and how it's magnified when you have a narcissistic family. In the end we're just kids who needed to be loved and cared for no matter what. It takes a lot to come out of that with empathy in tact.

Sending you support.

dolly

johnram

thank you Blueberry, i appreciate what you said below. 

i have a strong anger with "forgive and forget" type statements.  As i peel layers and see others actions or often inactions, i see again and again the failing of my family, outside of the outright damage and trauma, but that ongoing abandonment and neglect....anyway will pause there before a ramble

Quote from: Blueberry on November 11, 2021, 02:59:20 PM
I hoped for acknowledgement from FOO for years and if I'm being honest from others too like those now in the course of becoming ex-friends. I really believe I can only heal when I allow myself to set and respect my own boundaries, which means not swallowing what people would have me believe e.g. it wasn't that bad. It was though, it was terrible abuse. Just look at the repercussions! They're on my Journal.

I also want to go slightly off-topic and respond to worries of over-long posts. But my post got rather long ;D so I've posted it here instead: https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=14607.0